- Friday: fail, step back, understand, restart (5:50h)
- Saturday: dive into mvc design, help out on FCC (4:30h)
- Sunday: completed mvc-test and designed and half-implemented mvc pattern for card game (9:30h)
- Monday: tracing errors, and thinking! (2:00)
- Tuesday: working prototype! (4:20)
- Wednesday: problems again... (3:40)
- Thursday: flash! prototype working again (1:50)
last week's total: 223 hours this week: 31:30 hours new total: 254:30 hours
I have spent about 25h on the first version of my card game without achieving anything substantial, and worst of all creating chaos-code that became increasingly harder to maintain. I failed. So I stepped back and restructured my approach and started over. After 4h I had reached the same functionality I had in version 1 after 25h - and a code base that was much cleaner and easier to maintain. What do I make of it? Plan thoroughly before coding!
Was your river running freely or obscured by obstacles? What did you do to overcome them? What is your latest discovery, core insight, new thought you discovered last week?
photo by Boudewijn Huysmans on unsplash.