The questions you must ask your customers before migrating their on-premise workload to AWS Cloud.
- Why do you want to migrate to the cloud?
- How many code changes can you afford as part of migration?
- What type of database are you using?
- What type of load balancers are you using?
- What application servers and versions are you using?
- What operating system are you using?
- Is your application public facing?
- Is your application stateful or stateless?
- Is your application containerized?
- What are the current resource requirements of the servers?
- How is your workload variation?
- What are your logging and monitoring requirements?
- What is your current backup strategy?
Take a look at a detailed post to know why these questions are important and how it helps to lay the foundation for future design solutions and plan migrations better.