That's just belief everyone has in mind
Everyone is important and same time truth is Everyone is replaceable
We often heard founders are fired from the company which they had built from start so Better everyone should keep in mind that they are replaceable as doing that will not hurt you when you get replaced.
Everyone is important for certain period of time
Sometimes person is very important for particular job, team or company till his work is over or when his replacement is found.
- Hide the information they know.
- Don't treat other people well being egoistic of knowing everything.
- Hinder the growth of company and other employees around.
- Don't grow themselves by keeping them to only what they know.
- They don't put important information on paper to avoid being used by others instead they are tried to remember everything.
Just think that you won't be coming to office tomorrow due to you are sick or you left the job or whatsoever it may be.
What would happen to company, team or project ? who would be able to take it over and help the company or project ?
You should have proper plan put down from start and documented everything about tasks you are doing and decision you made like so that others can pick up where you left off. Information kept in your head will be forgotten one day and it does not benefit anyone.
This little practice helps lot to you and the organization.
- As everything is documented, you don't need to explain other team members repeatedly.
- Helps to grow yourselves so you can focus on other important things.
- Keeps yourselves free from remembering everything.
- Helps others to grow by delegating your duties to them.
- Frees yourselves to take time off as other team member can take up your tasks.
I have analogy to compare this with software architecture.
Don't be like tightly coupled monolithic architecture but instead
loosely coupled microservice architecture
Rightly it has been said in Karmyog of Bhagvad Gita..
"Do Karma but keep yourself free from Karma instead of tied to it"