I've been working on a new static site generator tailored for managing documentation sites, and I am curious as to what people really want/need for their projects' documentation.
For those of you who keep great documentation:
1) Is it better to keep documentation with your code, or managed separately?
2) How do you keep your documentation up-to-date?
3) What tools/processes would make it easier for you to maintain great documentation?
For those of you who don't write much documentation:
1) What is the main reason why you don't write much documentation?
2) How much of your daily workflow depends on reading documentation, and does this impact how much documentation you write?
3) What tools/processes would make it easier for you to start focusing more on documentation?