"I'm a developer, not a God d*mn point & click machine."
That's my dev friend Nic. We're talking e-commerce.
Few pints in and he cranks up the ranting:
"You know what I don't like? Here:
- Coding in a closed ecosystem
- Rigid all-in-one platforms for everyone and their dog
- Not choosing my tech stack
If you want that Shopify site so bad, you can do it yourself, you don't need ME (dev)."
I love Nic.
Today I want to use Vue.js to show you that's possible. Because yeah, Vue.js e-commerce is a thing!
And with the right set up in the backend—headless content management, namely— it can be a darn cool thing.
Enough babbling, here's what this Vue e-commerce example will include:
- How to create a neat, frontend Vue storefront
- How to integrate a customizable HTML/JS cart in a Vue app
- How to hook the Vue e-comm. app with headless ButterCMS
Now let's make my friend Nic proud, shall we?