I've been giving this a lot of thought and, I've come to the conclusion that, just like getting married or having a child, there's no "perfect" time to start contributing to an Open Source project.
The fact is, that I have to make the time.
So, I'm willing to start setting some time apart for this. But I still have a lot of questions:
- How do I choose the right project to start with?
- What if I'm not up to the challenge?
- What happens if I take too long solving an issue or something?
- What would a good roadmap to start contributing to an Open Source project be?
By roadmap I mean:
- Should I start with my own project?
- Should I start with a popular project?
- Should I start getting involved in Github community discussions only?
How did you start contributing? I'd really love to know how you got started ;)