- Dude, have you had a chance to check that great UI tips website I sent you last week?
- Ugh, yeah, it's great... (Have no clue what website he is talking about)
- Hey, can you resend me that link to a blog about fundraising we talked about last week?
- Sure, let me see where did I send it...Slack, Telegram, Twitter, LinkedIn...?
- This is a great post, you gotta check it out!
- Cool, will save it for later
- Nope, check it now, you will forget!
- I won't!
(7623 days later, still haven't checked)
If any of these scenarios sound familiar, I think you know what's on my mind.
I think it's a serious problem that:
a) We share great content with our friends and they never check it because one cannot remember to check every link shared on each medium.
b) You remember your friend shared some great content a few weeks back but you have no idea how to find it (ok, you can spend an hour on searching the browser's history, but that's not a solution too)
c) There are no real incentives to change that habit, we got used to bookmarking and saving for later anytime we can, but rarely get back to revise it.
If you feel me, I want to hear from you. I guess I have an idea for an app that might solve it 🤭
Or maybe you already use some system to manage things people share with you?