Around this time of year, students across the world are typically celebrating the closing of a chapter — whether that’s from grade school, college, grad school, or anything in between and beyond. It’s a time of pride, reflection, and camaraderie amongst fellow graduates as they take the next step of their journey.
Because the pandemic has led to mass-cancellations of in-person graduation ceremonies and showcases, we're teaming up with GitHub for a community-wide celebration! On Monday, June 15th, we’ll be featuring final projects from the Class of 2020 all over the DEV platform and throughout our social channels. Additionally, GitHub is organizing a Class of 2020 Year Book and hosting a livestream graduation ceremony at 9:00 AM PDT, where they’ll highlight some of your projects shared on DEV. All year book participants will also get swag delivered straight to their door!
To qualify for extra swag, we’re asking graduates to go the extra mile and share their final projects or thesis with the community.
- Use our graduation template to write your post.
- You’ll see some prompts that are meant to get your ideas going, so please feel free to write everything in your own style! Be sure to include the #devgrad2020 and #octograd2020 tags.
- PUBLISH YOUR POST! 😊
Once you’ve published your post, you’re ready to submit a PR to the Class of 2020 Year Book.
- Visit the Class of 2020 Repository
- Submit a PR with your name, school, photo, favorite quote, DEV post link, and GitHub username. Be sure to go through the entire PR checklist!
- Fill out the swag shipment form.
New submissions to the year book are now closed (2:30 PM PDT). Those who have already submitted a pull request, is on review or pending changes you can still get added to the yearbook by submitted those changes in the pull request you already have (without creating a new PR). Don’t worry, you can still attend the event! git remote < graduation > is happening on June 15th 9:00 PDT | 21:30 IST at twitch.tv/githubeducation
You all have been incredible offering to help review, supporting each other in contributing to the graduation repository, and coming up with the most creative yearbook quotes
This repository contains the yearbook of the $ git remote < graduation > event. By issuing a…
Before midnight Monday, May 25th PDT Friday May 22 at 3pm PDT. Due to a high volume of PRs, we need to close submissions early.
- Share this post with the people in your life who are graduating 💌
- Mark your calendars and come back on June 15th 🗓
- Show your support by checking out projects and sending the Class of 2020 some love (comments, hearts, and unicorns are all super welcome). 🦄
Looking forward to celebrating with everyone 🎉
Be a part of something
Level up every day