Whenever we work on different node projects, there are chances that each node project will have a different node version. To handle different node versions NVM [ Node Version Manager ] can be a useful one.
Nvm allows you to quickly install and use different versions of node via the command line.
You can follow the below steps to install nvm on your windows machine
- Download the latest version of nvm .zip file from the below link
- Unzip the file and once the installation wizard opens click on the Next button untill you see the Install button.
- Click on the Install button finally and once the installation is over on completion of the progress bar click on the Finish button.
- Once your installation is over in your command line interface type nvm --version and the version of the nvm installed should be displayed.
- Now in order to install node version of various types the below command
- nvm install 16.13.0
- nvm intall 12.13.0
- Once the respective versions are installed the below command is used to list the various node versions installed in the system.
- nvm list
- To use a specific node version you can use the below command
- nvm use 12.13.0
- Now you can always use different node versions and this command line helps us to jump between all our installed versions.
Thank you for reading ❤️ !
Feel free to connect with me via Twitter for more insights or tech discussions