It's a question that I get asked often by many developers and aspiring developers.
By the end of my learning program, I should be:
- Able to create a new React app from scratch that can
- Consume JSON payload in a REST API
- Refresh the content of the app every x mins
- Navigate to different screens
- Remember the last screen I visited before (if any)
- Be Unit-tested
Note that the above learning outcomes are not too specific or detailed (like creating a component in JSX syntax, for example) because you don’t know about the ins-and-outs of the React framework yet. They are not too broad either; there is a clear outcome for each statement instead of just a broad, generic one, like “Create a React app”.
If you’re interested in understanding how to drive your career success as a developer, you may check out my book Career Guide for Software Developers.