Hello! I hope you're having a great day! 😃
I'm currently working on redesigning / recreating my tech blog as I want to make it as perfect as possible for the readers and for that I need your help!
I have a couple of questions:
- What do you like the most about a tech blog?
- Which functionalities are "required" to have?
- Do you have any examples of blogs you like? Why do you like them?
- Any other "gotchas" I should be aware of?
Thank you for your time to read and answer this! 😊
Top comments (4)
1) I like when blogs have a specific focus. In this example, vanilla js is the main focus. He occasionally writes about other things too, but vanilla js is the most common topic.
2) Search or filter functionality, easy way to skim past articles, minimalistic reading experience, about page, clear yet non-obtrusive newsletter signup, and super fast load times
3) taniarascia.com and robinwieruch.de/blog
4) too many affiliate links is a turn off to me, but maybe that’s a personal thing
Good luck with the blog!
Thank you for your answer. I'll keep that in mind! 👍
What does "too many affiliate links" mean to you? How much is too much? 😃
One of the advantages of having a personal tech blog in my opinion is that if one write for online publications and other blogs, having all of one's posts in one place is worth. Also, it does showcase one's interests and helps building up the portfolio.
What are you using to re-create/revamp your blog? Have fun.
Well. I'm currently working with a designer for the redesign, and then I'll build it with Gatsby 😀