working from home (27 Part Series)
Thanks for reading! I'm writing about my remote work journey thanks to covid-19 forced me to 😂 I'm writing now almost a month now (Day 28)
Due to this whole Corona pandemic everywhere I missed keeping some notes about myself and my co-workers.
I recommend to everyone to keep some sort of Feedback Log. I've tried this in 2019 combining this with a personal daily developer diary.
The need for this is that twice per year we have our Feedback round. And now that I'm 'officially' Senior inside Zalando measurements, the requests are increasing.
The things I care when giving feedback:
- Valuable feedback highlighting the strengths
- Valuable feedback for possible improvements
- Providing KPI's with what they achieved.
I'm not a big fan of our Feedback Framework, yet it is iterating and trying to get better. Especially on the Engineering part it is still unclear.
And for promotions, in big companies, you need to highlight that you worked on business related topics. Connecting what you do somehow to 💰 is necessary.
Also, I'm using the SBI-Model for giving feedback.
- Situation: Describe the specific situation.
- Behavior: What did you observed about that persons behavior? Try to be objective.
- Impact: What was the outcome? How did it affect you / team / business?
- (optional) Next: Recommendation, how to improve when you're giving feedback development areas.
The whole day was about writing feedback, so nothing else 😃
I realized just today, only 2 days left until Ramadan 😱 this is the first year where I don't feel really prepared. I'm fasting around 16h. This will be also the first time in 3 years I'm not doing it alone at home.
I don't know how it will affect my productivity (normally it's better, no food, no tiredness).