Although Youtube TV is still a relatively new streaming platform created by Google, it has become a popular choice for cord cutters. It is a rival for such streaming platforms as Netflix, Hulu, Direct TV and Sling TV.
Sadly Youtube TV is only available in the US right now and even not in all areas. So if you live outside of the US or are traveling outside the country — you won’t be able to stream the Youtube TV services. Which is bad news since the platforms has a lot of content both movies, TV shows and of course sports such as NBA or NFL.
But on the bright side you can watch Youtube TV from any corner of the world, you just need to invest in a VPN which can help you change your IP address and spoof location.
How To Watch Youtube TV Outside Of The US (International access)
You can easily bypass Youtube TV geographical restrictions by masking your IP address and spoofing location with the help of VPN. Using Virtual Private Network you will be able to watch Youtube TV overseas: from the UK, Australia, Canada, Mexico or wherever you are in the world.
How to watch and spoof your location on Youtube TV with VPN
- First you will need to choose a VPN (you will find best ones later in the article) and purchase their subscription
- Install app or extension on the devices you will be using to watch Youtube TV
- Once you have your VPN ready select any servers in the United States to access Youtube TV
- Clean all of your history, cookies, etc.
- Login into Youtube TV account
- You will be asked to enter a zip code on your Youtube TV account, just find one online for the area that you connected with a VPN
- Enjoy the show
It is that easy to use VPN as location spoofer and enjoy Youtube TV from anywhere. Just remember to always connect to US based servers before connecting to Youtube TV. And don’t forget to enter the right zip code for Youtube TV, you can find the areas where Youtube TV is available on Youtube TV’s official website.
Best VPN for watching Youtube TV
Surfshark is a high quality but comparably cheap VPN. The price doesn’t bite and it will do the job. Surfshark uses industry leading encryption, doesn’t collect logs and will manage to keep you safe and anonymous online. Also Surfshark scores well on speed tests and has many fast servers in the US and all around the globe. It works with many streaming devices from Youtube TV to Netflix, it even bypasses the Great Firewall of China, which is a big deal and a challenge for a VPN.
In addition Surfshark has a built-in ad-blocker, supports an unlimited number of devices and has a 30-day money back guarantee.
CyberGhost is another good VPN option particularly for streaming. It doesn’t collect logs, has fast servers in the United States and is really easy to set up and use. Also, you can use one account on 7 devices at the same time. CyberGhost costs $2.45 per month and you can check out more information about the VPN here.
NordVPN is a big player in the VPN market, it has many fast servers worldwide, it doesn’t collect logs and it is known to be a good VPN for online streaming. NordVPN supports 6 devices at the same time, is easy to use and easy to set up on many devices. It also has a 24/7 customer support and 30-day money back guarantee. It is a more expensive option, but worth it ($2.62 per month). Check out NordVPN here.
Youtube TV blocks or detects VPN
While using VPN with Youtube TV you might receive a message saying that “Youtube TV VPN proxy detected”. This means that your VPN (or the servers you are using on the VPN) do not work with Youtube TV. That is why it is important to do your research before purchasing a VPN. VPNs mentioned above do work with Youtube TV the only problem can occur is that not all the servers work. That is why you need to contact their customer support and ask which ones do.
Free VPNs for Youtube TV
Of course most of the people the same moment they figure out that VPNs help to bypass Youtube TV geographical restrictions and work as location spoofers go and look for free VPNs. I won’t recommend using free VPNs for few reasons:
- If you want to watch it in HD and without lags you will need a good VPN. VPN is very expensive to maintain and this means that free VPNs that do not get money from users cannot afford to build high quality VPNs.
- If you care about your privacy it is better to avoid free VPNs. Free VPNs do get money from selling their users data by collecting logs. Collecting logs is actually against the VPN nature, since the main goal of it is to keep users secure and anonymous online.
- Free VPNs might know how to bypass restricted websites, but they are not the best option for streaming platforms, since streaming platforms make it hard for VPNs to crack them.
What can you do with a VPN
VPNs are not only good for bypassing Youtube TV geo-restrictions and being location spoofers, they are actually useful for many more reasons:
- Anonymous torrenting (which means you won’t get fined for torrenting)
- Security for banking accounts, cryptocurrency and other sensitive information online
- Security while connected to public wifi
- Built-in ad-blockers, protection from malware and trackers
- Helps to get cheaper plane tickets online
- Security while gaming
- Bypass all sorts of firewalls, like the Great Firewall of China
A social network 100% devoted to making you a better coder?
Level up every day