In years of being a developer I never really spent the time to learn regular expressions. It always seemed like a hard nut to crack.
I used to spend so much time trying to find regular expressions for my use case.
now you have two problems
I made a simple tool that will explain to you commonly used regular expressions work.
It is a simple tool that will show a visual graph as well as matches and highlighting for code.
Hope you like the tool :D
Public Repo: https://github.com/geongeorge/i-hate-regex
The application is built using:
- The awesome Nuxt.js framework
- for the visual demo I used: https://gitlab.com/javallone/regexper-static
- Thank you for all the love and support guys 💓 Posting this has given me enough motivation to work on this more.
- The application is just an MVP right now. With the support of everyone, I can make this into a great project for beginners.
- I'm also working on tutorial pages to get started on regex. here's a sample
I just launched iHateRegex on Producthunt 😺