More and more projects are added to open source for your benefit. This is a great practice to use the achievements of other developers in your project. What is tricky — there are many repositories with the same purpose that are equally awesome. In my JS digest, I was trying to pick only the most interesting and useful. In May, this list consists of 33 of them.
Most popular JS repositories in May 2020
- reveal.js is an open source HTML presentation framework. It enables anyone with a web browser to create presentations for free. 52,141 stars by now
- ws is simple to use, fast, and thoroughly tested WebSocket client and server implementation for Node.js. 14,209 stars by now
- TestCafe is a Node.js tool to automate end-to-end web testing.Write tests in JS or TypeScript, run them, and view results. 8,215 stars by now
- Ajv is a fast JSON Schema validator for Node.js and browser. 7,537 stars by now
- Recoil is an experimental state management library for React apps. It provides several capabilities that are difficult to achieve with React alone while being compatible with the newest features of React. 6,912 stars by now
- React Autosuggest is a WAI-ARIA compliant React autosuggest component. 5,140 stars by now
- Responsively App is a modified browser built using Electron that helps in responsive web development. 3,695 stars by now
- Gestalt is a set of React UI components that enforces Pinterest’s design language. 3,523 stars by now
- React-Leaflet is a repository with React components for Leaflet maps. 3,056 stars by now
- webpack-blocks is a repository that provides functional building blocks for your webpack config: easier way to configure webpack and to share configuration between projects. 2,929 stars by now
- tailblocks — Ready-to-use Tailwind CSS blocks. 2,681 stars by now
- Beekeeper Studio is a free and open source SQL editor and database manager. It is cross-platform and available for Linux, Mac, and Windows. 2,169 stars by now
- editly is a tool and framework for declarative NLE (non-linear video editing) using Node.js and FFmpeg. It allows you to easily and programmatically create a video from a set of clips, images, and titles. 1,848 stars by now
- git-js is a lightweight interface for running git commands in any node.js application. 1,788 stars by now
- useWorker is a React Hook for blocking-free background tasks. 1,675 stars by now
- Kea is a production ready state management for React. 1,614 stars by now
- htmx allows you to access AJAX, WebSockets and Server Sent Events directly in HTML, using attributes, so you can build modern user interfaces with the simplicity and power of hypertext. 1,549 stars by now
- Scully pre-renders each page in your app to plain HTML & CSS. To do this, Scully uses machine learning techniques to find all of the routes in your project. Then it visits each route, rendering the view and saving it to an HTML file. 1,446 stars by now.
- Perfume.js is a tiny, web performance monitoring library that reports field data back to your favorite analytics tool. 1,332 stars by now
- umi-request is the network request library, based on fetch encapsulation, combines the features of fetch and axios to provide developers with a unified api call method, simplifying usage, and providing common functions such as caching, timeout, character encoding processing, and error handling. 1,007 stars by now
- tracer is a powerful and customizable logging library for Node.js. 996 stars by now
- Vue Formulate is the easiest way to build forms with Vue. 946 stars by now
- i18n-ally stands for all-in-one i18n extension for VS Code. 940 stars for now
- React PIXI is used for writing PIXI apps using React declarative style. 793 stars by now
- react-notion is a fast React renderer for Notion pages. 717 stars by now.
- Serverless MySQL is a wrapper for Doug Wilson’s mysql Node.js module. 622 stars by now.
- fdir is a fast directory crawler & globbing library for Node.js. Crawls 1m files in < 1s. 537 stars by now.
- LoveIt is a clean, elegant but advanced blog theme for Hugo. 456 stars by now
Thank you for reading!
If you have interesting JS projects on GitHub — share them with me!