It’s been a while since my last JS digest, but now I eventually got some time to make up my mind and to create a chart with JS projects I’ve been monitoring for some time.
Most popular JS repositories in January 2020
- puppeteer is a well-known Node library that provides a high-level API to control Chrome or Chromium over the DevTools Protocol. Puppeteer runs headless by default but can be configured to run full (non-headless) Chrome or Chromium. 58,405 stars by now.
- Meteor is an ultra-simple environment for building modern web applications. 41,547 stars by now.
- AVA is a test runner for Node.js with a concise API, detailed error output, embrace of new language features and process isolation that lets you write tests more effectively. 17,510 stars by now.
- popper-core is a tooltip and popover positioning engine that automatically puts the tooltip in the right place near the button. 14,074 stars by now.
- Rough.js is a 9kB graphics library for drawing in a sketchy, hand-drawn-like, style. The library defines primitives to draw lines, curves, arcs, polygons, circles, and ellipses. It also supports drawing SVG paths. 12,797 stars by now.
- Proton Native is a React environment for cross-platform desktop apps. 9,845 stars by now.
- Spectacle is a ReactJS-based Presentation Library. 8,234 stars by now.
- Cube.js is an open-source modular framework to build analytical web applications. It is primarily used to build internal business intelligence tools or to add customer-facing analytics to an existing application. 7,242 stars by now.
- pnpm is a fast, disk space-efficient package manager. 7,159 stars by now.
- Snowpack is used to build web applications with less tooling and 10x faster iteration. No bundler required. 6,179 stars by now.
- React Cosmos is a dev environment for building scalable, high-quality user interfaces. 5,918 stars by now.
- vue-interactive-paycard is a credit card form with smooth micro-interactions. Includes number formatting, validation, and automatic card type detection. Built with Vue.js and also fully responsive. 4,372 stars by now.
- OctoLinker is a browser extension for GitHub, that turns language-specific statements like include require or import into links. 4,160 stars by now.
- react-adaptive-hooks deliver experiences best suited to a user’s device and network constraints. 3,867 stars by now.
- vue-select — everything you wish the HTML <select> element could do, wrapped up into a lightweight, zero dependency, extensible Vue component. 3,179 stars by now.
- Vue Meta is a Vue.js plugin that allows you to manage your app’s metadata. It is inspired by and works similarly to react-helmet for ReactJS. However, instead of setting your data as props passed to a proprietary component, you simply export it as part of your component's data using the metaInfo property. 2,999 stars by now.
- Fitty scales up (or down) text so it fits perfectly to its parent container. 2,857 stars by now.
- Grant is an OAuth Middleware for Express, Koa and Hapi. 2,588 stars by now.
- Redux Toolkit is the official, opinionated, batteries-included toolset for efficient Redux development. 2,485 stars by now.
- craft.js is a React framework for building extensible drag and drop page editors. 2,190 stars by now.
- open is used to Open stuff like URLs, files, executables. Cross-platform. 1,855 stars by now.
- string-similarity finds a degree of similarity between two strings, based on Dice’s Coefficient, which is mostly better than Levenshtein distance. 1,800 stars by now.
- Kea is a data layer for React. Powered by Redux. 1,521 stars by now.
- Postgres.js is a full-featured PostgreSQL client for Node.js. 1,483 stars by now.
- scalajs-react lifts Facebook’s React library into Scala.js and endeavors to make it as type-safe and Scala-friendly as possible. Provides (opt-in) support for pure functional programming. 1,294 stars by now.
- Craco stands for “Create React App Configuration Override” and is an easy and comprehensible configuration layer for create-react-app. 1,269 stars by now.
- node-youtube-dl is a youtube-dl driver for node. 1,255 stars by now.
- PreVue is a Prototyping Tool For Vue Developers. 1,202 stars by now.
- pretty-quick runs Prettier on your changed files. 1,200 stars by now
- React Rainbow is a collection of components that will reliably help you build your application in a snap. 1,135 stars by now.
Some of them you might already use in your projects, but some others are pretty new and promising. Whenever you give them a try, please let me know your opinion. Much thanks!
And thank you for reading. I will try to make the next digest earlier!