While learning to code, What limits have you had in the past and how did you overcome them?
- I keep bouncing from one language to another. Solution: Pick something and get good at it.
- I'm too old. Solution: Just get started. You are going to get older whether you try or not.
- I tried this tech stuff once before and failed myself into depression. Solution: Find the courage to take the risk and just get started.
- There's not enough time. Solution: Stay up late, get up early, remove distractions, use a family member as a taskmaster.
- It's just too much to remember. Solution: Use digital flash cards, have someone quiz you, and build small projects until certain concepts sink into muscle memory
- My limits are creating beautiful products. Solution: Practice makes perfect.
- Doing talks at meetup. Solution: Attend meetups
- Writing correct English grammar has been a major limitation. Solution: Write blog posts and get feedback.
- Not having someone around who knew how to code in K-12 school. Solution: Consistency = Success
- I try not to spend 'too much' time researching things that aren't helping me to complete actual work.
Code Connector Contributors: Rachel Eiting, Corey McCarty, Dinesh Sharma, Lynn Bradshaw, Lawrence Lockhart