Sadly, this greeter was abandoned as Antergos team didn’t have time to develop their distro. The latest version, 2.2.5 uses an outdated WebKit engine, which could cause some new web technologies to not work in the greeter. Also, the Debian package is not working, a shame.
Luckily, Antergos team were developing a 3.0.0 version, getting rid of WebKit and using the QtWebEngine, based on Chromium, with Python. So, I decided to update some things about this greeter based on this pre-release.
Whither is the “new” tool that 3.0.0 would be using, developed by Antergos, allows to create web applications in a similar way to Electron.js, but in Python.
- Command line arguments support, such as
- Some fixes with the LightDM API, as power functions didn’t work
- Man pages updated
- Every local request is made through
- WebKit no longer here. Replaced with Chromium
- Some API changes. 2.2.5 deprecated functions and globals were removed
If you are using LightDM, I recommend you to use this greeter, try some themes and create your own!
Use the Glorious theme by Manilarome~ It’s glorious.