In 2017, I wasn’t a goal-oriented person or at least I didn’t think about goals the way I do now. This year, I started using Google Calendar and Notion to get my ideas together and plan them out.
2019 was a year where I evaluated my life and decisions. My goals from 2018 were clear but not well planned. I fell short of a lot of goals and some I didn’t even try at all. I have a list of ideas and things that I want to do. So 2020 will be the year.
Like I did last year, I listed out the project ideas, blog posts, future reading list that I want to do in 2020 using Notion and my BUJO.
- Drink More Water — I think it was 60% increase
- Read More — 15 Books completed, 20 Books picked up
- Portfolio Redesigned — It looks better
- Japanese — I know very few words and Kanji is hard
- Blog — I few off with the posts
- Coding — No huge projects / not consistent
- Mediation — Found out I hated it
Overall, my blog posts have gotten a lot of views over the past year. This has encouraged me to write more posts for 2020.
- YouTube — The New TV
- Minecraft — Infinite fun
- Call of Duty Mobile -- Come on, it’s COD!!
- Notion — Productivity and Organization
- Google Keep & Tasks -- A must for quick notes and to-dos
- Google Calendar -- It’s keeping on top of dates
- Libby — The library app
- Musi — Still better than Pandora and YouTube
- Spotify -- They get me better than Tidal and YouTube
- Amazon -- Unfortunately, I’ve been looking at future purchases
- Pinterest -- Just because of the endless ideas
There are apps from last year that I do not use anymore. Either they have been replaced are no longer used. I have also let go of Facebook and Snapchat completely and I have spent less time on Twitter and Instagram. I use Twitter to communicate with the outside world and Instagram for seeing what people create. No more endless scrolling for me.
I have stop using Asana and completely moved to Notion. Notion has risen as the all in one app for productivity and project management.
My goal for 2019 was to get into backend, but as I slowly realized that my laptop was starting to put me down. Doing the basics front-end was too much. So learning backend was put on hold and still will be on hold. I just started using React. I want to use the first 6 months creating React projects. I also want to get into web design more by using Figma.
I just want to do more. I want a minimum of 1 post a month. I want to share images and videos of the websites that I create.
2020 goal will not change much. There will just be more to share. Before the year is up, I will come up with blogs for the year.