I've got a new laptop so I had to arrange the files and folders I wanted to transfer from my old computer to the new one. I guess you know that it can be a time-consuming process, but it worth the time because you might find some interesting stuff you have already forgotten about.
And this is how I've found a folder where I kept all the things (code, books, etc) on esoteric languages like Brainf*ck, Shakespeare or Befunge.
I have a few source files and as I remember I even answered a question on Stackoverflow. I also made a BF interpreter running in the browser, but the code is awful as I made it 3 years ago. (the cover image is a screenshot of it)
I checked the list of esoteric languages on the Esolangs portal and as I remember it was a lot shorter a few years back, so I guess people still love the idea of doing something fun! :)
- So what is the most complex program you have written in an esoteric language?
- Have you ever taken part in a competition?
- Do you like esoteric languages? Why? Why not?
- Have you made an esoteric language?
And the most interesting to me:
- Do you think writing code in esoteric languages can help to be a better developer? Why? How?
The software industry moves fast. But if you keep up, you can have an incredible career.