I thought about it quite a lot over the past few months, it took me a while to get ready, but after 6 months of graduation, I have finally decided to live my life at my own terms. This is a bold move for me - someone who was at an edge of depression and had existential crisis couple of years back.
This is a big ol' list of things / decisions / events happened to me in 2019:
- Turned 23 🌼
- Graduated from college 🎓
- Traveling 🌇 became my favorite thing
- I spend more time drawing ✏️ and playing guitar 🎸
- Launched 👽 Postwoman
- Participated in Hacktoberfest 🐙
- Had my first 📢 Tech talk at Technopark - India's largest IT zone
- Read around 24 books 📚
- 1,000+ followers on 💙 Twitter
- 10,000+ followers on Dev 👨💻👩💻
- Stopped 🛑 using Facebook and Instagram
- Made a Bucket list 🔥
- Adele, Taylor swift, Eminem and Post Malone became my favorite artists 🎶
- Listened lot of music 🎵
- Became an ⚛️ Atheist
- Read more on Philosophy, money, finance and life 📖
- Joined ☕ BuyMeACoffee.com
- Started my next project 🚀
- I got an offer for a Senior react developer post in Berlin in which I failed miserably✨
Be brave to suck at something new 💪
- Got interviewed for Facebook Solutions Engineer role in which the recruiter never replied after first round 😅
Be enough for yourself, rest of the world can wait ✌️
My mom googled my name and called crying to tell me how proud she was of me because of all the wonderful things she found - I've officially made it ❤
I don't want to spend the rest of my 20's consumed trying to reach a level of success other people defined. I want to travel, form great bonds, go to meditation retreats, ride on hot air balloons, go to raves, etc. To me life should be full of adventures.
If you want to succeed in your life, remember this phrase. The past does not equal the future. Because you failed yesterday; or all day today, or a moment ago, or for the last six months; the last 16 years, or the last fifty years of life doesn’t mean anything… all that matters is what are you going to do, right now.
I'll be updating this list as I recall them.
So that basically means I'll be less active on dev.to and other platforms including OSS, but will be having a lot of time with my loved ones.
If you want a heads up on my next projects, or just want to chat about the web, life and happiness make sure to follow me @liyasthomas on Twitter 💙. If any of my projects helped you please consider making a donation to help me buy a laptop.
Claim your page on DEV before someone else does
Level up every day