Hey everyone! I'm sooo excited to announce that I officially opened enrollment in my new course, How to Make an App! It's a self-paced, online course for beginners that provides the complete step-by-step process for making an app, from idea to launch.
I designed it for people who don't know how to code so this course probably isn't for you. But if you're a developer, I bet a few people have asked you to build their app.
In this course, I show people who don't know how to code their different options for bringing their idea to life including no-code tools they can use. I hope this course can be a resource that you can point them to!
More details are available at http://course.howtomakeanapp.co.
~ Kim 😊🙏🏾
Why I created this course
After spending the past decade designing, building, and launching apps for myself and others, one thing I've been eager to explore is how to create tools and resources to empower others in this process. A few months ago, I launched a workshops, 6-Step Intro Guide, then a website, and now I'm excited to announce the launch of my online course, How to Make an App.
When I started this journey, my mission was to empower anyone with an idea to make their app. The biggest reason most people have told me they find it hard to start is because they don’t know where to start. There’s a lot of information out there, but it’s hard to synthesize it all into a process that’s easy to follow.
That inspired me to extend the guide and website into an online course that teaches you the entire process, from idea to launch.
About this course
How to Make an App is a self-paced, online course for beginners. We’ll walk through the entire process step-by-step, so that by the end, they’ll be armed with the process, terminology, and tools necessary to take the idea from your head to the first version of a web or mobile app.
This course will help them:
- Define their app’s core features.
- Create flow diagrams that illustrate how a user would progress through the app.
- Start visualizing their app through pencil sketches and digital mockups.
- Gain an understanding of what options there are to build an app with or without code.
- Become familiar with the process for launching on the web or in the app store.
They'll also get:
- Exercises so they can start making progress on their app.
- Tutorials of powerful tools like Figma and Adalo for designing and building their app.
- Walkthroughs of an example app to illustrate how I approached each phase of making an app.
- Office Hours where they can ask questions as they go through the course.
- An online community to support them every step of the way.
The first wave of enrollment will close on Wednesday, June 24th at 11:59pm EST. If you have any questions please shoot them my way here or via firstname.lastname@example.org
Full curriculum and options for enrolling are available at: http://course.howtomakeanapp.co