It appears that most developers really like reading books, but this is a specific ask.
To get things started, here's my Top 5:
- The Soul of A New Machine by Tracy Kidder
- Where Wizards Stay Up Late: The Origins of the Internet by Katie Hafner and Matthew Lyon
- The Cuckoo's Egg by Cliff Stoll
- Show Stopper! The Breakneck Race to Create Windows NT and the Next Generation at Microsoft by G. Pascal Zachary
- Masters Of Doom: How two guys created an empire and transformed pop culture by David Kushner