It appears that most developers really like reading books, but this is a specific ask.
To get things started, here's my Top 5:
- The Soul of A New Machine by Tracy Kidder
- Where Wizards Stay Up Late: The Origins of the Internet by Katie Hafner and Matthew Lyon
- The Cuckoo's Egg by Cliff Stoll
- Show Stopper! The Breakneck Race to Create Windows NT and the Next Generation at Microsoft by G. Pascal Zachary
- Masters Of Doom: How two guys created an empire and transformed pop culture by David Kushner
It's now possible to pull in and display any of your GitHub repositories on your dev.to profile. Profiles get a lot of traffic on the site because people like to know who's behind the posts and comments, and we want to make this experience richer. Future integrations may include Stack Overflow questions you've answered, or any other indications of your software development work that might be scattered across the web.