Screenshots are at the bottom of the post
This is a temporary solution until the official dark theme is released, for this reason the code is not organized and ordered and you may find some component/pages with the light theme.
If you only knew the power of the Dark Side...
– Darth Vader
Joking aside, there are so many benefits to using a dark theme, like:
- Less invasive night reading
- Helps you focus more on text
- Prevents you from fatiguing your eyes for long periods in front of your computer
- And many other benefits (that you can google)
Personally I'm addicted to dark themes, I could be a vampire 🧛♂️
To use it you should install a userstyle manager compatible with https://userstyles.org, my personal recommendation is Stylus
Stylus is a userstyles editor and manager compatible with Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome and Opera, which can be downloaded in the respective stores:
- Mozilla Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/styl-us/
- Google Chrome & Opera: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/stylus/clngdbkpkpeebahjckkjfobafhncgmne
After installing Stylus, just go to the theme page and click the button that says "Install Style"
Done! Now you can go back to Dev.to and enjoy the dark theme ☕
If you find bugs you can leave a comment or contact me on Twitter, I do not ensure to update the theme regularly and promptly but I will try to keep it working.
You can now contribute on Github: https://github.com/mercxry/dev.to-dark-theme
I was inspired by this GitHub issue: https://github.com/thepracticaldev/dev.to/issues/1413