Project management has never been easier.
We bring the flow to your software team's workflow. Plan, collaborate, build, and measure success with Shortcut.
What is HTML All The Things
HTML All The Things is a web development podcast and discord community which was started by Matt and Mike, developers based in Ontario, Canada.
The podcast speaks to web development topics as well as running a small business, self-employment and time management. You can join them for both their successes and their struggles as they try to manage expanding their Web Development business without stretching themselves too thin.
The Svelte for Beginners Udemy course is now live! Mike took his experience in teaching and learning Svelte and created a course.
Get it now on Udemy! 👇
What's This One About?
Junior developers have their fair share of struggles, being so new to web development. Whether they're lacking confidence about their skills, they've been thrown into the fire at work, or struggling to land a position despite multiple applications and interviews. Where some struggles never go away, even for senior developers, many junior developer struggles can hopefully be mitigated, or avoided altogether with the unsolicited advice we're giving this week.
What Junior Developers Struggle With
- Job requirements being too high
- Not enough time put into training
- Huge time investment to apply to each company properly
- Whiteboard interviews
- 5 day take home projects
- Unpaid internships
- Skill up
- Understand basic programming structurers like Array, Loops, Conditionals, etc
- Understand the tools that are used in the industry (Next.js, React, Vue, Webpack, etc)
- Take courses and self-learn
- Check out Mintbean
- Create projects
- Network network network
- Take risks
- Apply to jobs a lot and early
- If you can't find work, create work.
- Make projects that could potentially generate revenue
- Use this to expand your network
- Proof that you can build a real project end to end
- Level up past a Junior
If you're enjoying the podcast consider giving us a review on Apple Podcasts or checking out our Patreon to get a shoutout on the podcast.
You can find us on all the podcast platforms out there as well as
TikTok (Html All The Things)
Top comments (2)
Before jumping in any library or framework, master JS
We always preach learning the three pillars before jumping into frameworks.