So Dark is a programming language or maybe more precisely: an integrated ecosystem for writing and running code. Its features:
- a language
- a structured (?) editor
- a testing framework
- feature flags
- a database that is easy to use
- API-interface wrappers
- has built-in version control that semantically understands your code
- has a hosting platform (that you pay for I believe)
- a logging/error reporting system
We want to make it possible to build a complete scalable app in an afternoon. We’ll make it 100x easier to build applications and bring the ability to write software to a billion people.
We’re creating a new programming language, tightly integrated with an editor, compiler and PaaS, to allow engineers to build distributed applications using high-level primitives. We abstract away individual machines and low-level distributed systems code to:
- Generate and run scalable infrastructure for you.
- Use APIs as easily as if they were functions.
- Remove the deployment step entirely.
I remember reading somewhere that someone was already using Dark for a project (as a beta tester) but can't find that anymore.
I really hope this turns out to be awesome 😎
Update (2019-04-11) I wrote another post on Dark