Skica.me is a new project I have begun working on with my girlfriend (business) and her best friend Khanh (graphic designer). We are a remote team of 3 people, working across the world with each other from the United States and Vietnam!
On this project, I am the only developer. Meaning I am in charge of all the technical work from building and maintaining the mobile app and website to managing the servers. All of my favorite stuff!
My favorite part about the Dart/Flutter setup is their debugging and testing environment. I'm a VS Code guy and Flutter has developed an awesome plugin for VS that can run both Android and iOS emulators right from the IDE! This makes the developer experience with Flutter very enjoyable.
Now, more about the Skica app! Below is a list of planned features as of the writing of this post:
- Create your own custom skincare routines.
- Select from our pre-made routines.
- Timers built into the routines.
- Search products to add to routine(s).
- Track your daily progress.
- Set daily notification reminders.
- Various skincare challenges.
- Earn points and rewards for activity.
- And more coming soon!
Github Repo: https://github.com/nolyoi/skica_app
Original Blog: https://nolanm.dev/posts/18-skica-me-mobile-skincare-application/edit