Here is my experience in passing AI-900 Azure, I hope it will be useful.
I am gonna to talk about the following:
- What is AI-900 Test ?
- How to book for the Test ?
- Content of the Test
- Resources I used
Basically, this certification is designed to go over the fundamentals of machine learning and artificial intelligence in Azure, its good opportunity for both technical and non-technical backgrounds, As you don't need to have data science or software engineering experience but it will be much more helpful if you have some programming knowledge or experience.
you can book for the test here, till now the exam price is about 99 USD, the exam price varies from country to country, you can check your own.
For me I got a scholarship to take the exam from the Ministry of Communications and Technology here in Egypt. We took the exam in Certiport platform.
The AI-900 exam tests knowledge in five focus areas:
Describe AI workloads and considerations (15-20%).
- Identify features of common AI workloads.
- Identify guiding principles for responsible AI.
Describe fundamental principles of machine learning on Azure (30-35%).
- Identify common machine learning types.
- Describe core machine learning concepts.
- Identify core tasks in creating a machine learning solution.
- Describe capabilities of no-code machine learning with Azure Machine Learning studio.
Describe features of computer vision workloads on Azure (15-20%).
- Identify common types of computer vision solution.
- Identify Azure tools and services for computer vision tasks.
- Describe features of Natural Language Processing (NLP) workloads on Azure (15-20%).
Describe features of Natural Language Processing (NLP) workloads on
- Identify features of common NLP Workload Scenarios.
- Identify Azure tools and services for NLP workloads.
Describe features of conversational AI workloads on Azure (15-20%).
- Identify common use cases for conversational AI.
- Identify Azure services for conversational AI.
For more illustration about how they are assessing those topics go here.
Note: Sometimes they update the content of the exam.
The test contains between 50 to 60 MCQ, T/F, and drag & drop questions and has a 60-minute time limit. The total score is 1000 you should at least score 700 to pass the exam.
Microsoft Learning path
I used it for steps about how to interact with azure.
I recommend to sign up in Azure for Student to apply those steps.
In general their Learning path is very good and almost covers everything.
200 Practice Questions For Azure AI-900 Fundamentals Exam
You can use it to summarize and make sure that you cover all about the theoretical part. For me I loved the way of putting those info in the form of questions and answers, it was very helpful for me and make the process of recall very easy.
It took me three days for preparing for the Exam. If you study well, you wouldn't have any problem in passing the exam.