Are too many tabs cluttering up your Chrome browser? Google Chrome’s new update, Chrome 81, introduces the Tab Group feature, allowing users to finally be able to organize tabs! The Tab Groups feature provides neat, color-coded labeling for all your tabs.
Here is how you can set up Tab Groups on your Google Chrome and maximize its features:
Make sure you have the latest version of Google Chrome installed on your machine (should be 81+). To check this go to
Chrome and then select
About Chrome. Otherwise:
- If you can update, do it.
- If can't, you can turn on this feature by navigating to
chrome://flagsand looking for
tab groups. Make sure it is
- Simply right-click each tab and then select
Add to an existing group.
- You can also drag and drop the tabs into groups, and drag and drop to remove a tab out of a group.
- To create a new tab in a group, just right click the group label and select
New Tab in Group
Some credits goes to howtogeek
Enjoy and stay organized :)
If you liked the article, please click the ❤️ 🦄 below so other people will see it on DEV.to :) ! Feel free to follow me on Github