Follow these commandments and your website will not be remembered as slow.
- You shall never put shiny, bloated frameworks above your user's experience.
- You shall use lazy loading whenever it can be used within reason.
- You shall always serve images compressed and in the correct format.
- You shall regularly test your website performance and fix issues as they arise.
- You shall serve web fonts in the proper format.
- You shall always use a CDN for assets.
- You shall do your due diligence when using dependencies making sure you are choosing the right one for the job.
- You shall spread the word of performance amongst both technical and non-technical people.
Bonus: Always code as if the person who ends up maintaining your code is a violent psychopath who knows where you live.
If you are interested in more performance oriented content, follow me and I promise to deliver original, or at least effective methods of improving your website.