Want a quick foundation to build a cool custom portfolio project?
In this video I quickly go over how to use the Coinbase API to grab historical data for cryptocurrencies and also use their real-time websocket API to get data. I'll then show how to format that data so it can be displayed with a ChartJS component and update a price tracker in real-time.
Once you've got the basic project built I show you some examples of how you can extend the project so you have something unique
- Create a card style layout and add routing for each currency
- Add multiple time segments for users to look at price history
- Add authentication with a Coinbase account to place orders
- Add pagination support so users can get more historical data
- Customize the ChartJS styling
- Make Chart real-time by updating latest data point with current price data