Tired of installing extensions, themes, and your VS Code preferences in all devices?
Then have a look at this vscode extension,
With one-click install, you can
Synchronize Settings, Snippets, Themes, File Icons, Launch, Keybindings, Workspaces, and Extensions Across Multiple Machines Using GitHub Gist.
Steps to follow,
- Install the extension in the vscode.
- Authorize your GitHub account.
- It will create a Gist and upload all your settings, workspaces, themes and all.
- You can download / share/upload your settings to multiple devices or vscode applications.
- The extension automatically uploads the change when done in any setting.
- Upload setting Key : Shift + Alt + U - Download setting Key : Shift + Alt + D
Ctrl + Shift + p then search Sync, there you can make your uploads.
Learn more about this extension here,
Also in the extension details :
Note: VScode also provides option for settings sync and its only available on VScode insiders.(https://code.visualstudio.com/docs/editor/settings-sync)
Comment if you know any alternatives.
Top comments (2)
I've got a situation where I've got essentially two different sets of VSCode configurations that I use, and each VSCode installation will use only one of them. Does Settings Sync allow setting up two different Gists, one for each configuration, in the same Github account?
It will sync up only with one gist called cloudSettings as I know.