I built an app called Gitalytics, which will show summarized GitHub Activities.
As it doesn’t fit into any other categories, I am submitting this entry in Random Roulette category.
Visit it here: https://gitalytics.shhdharmen.me
Home Page (Light theme):
Home Page (Dark theme):
#2020Coded Page (Light theme):
#2020Coded Page (Dark theme):
About Page (Light theme):
About Page (Dark theme):
Share Repository Dialog (Light theme):
Share Pull Requests Dialog (Dark theme):
User info popover:
As of now, Gitalytics can get and show following details of 2020 fetched from GitHub:
- Star count (from 1st 100 CreatedRepositoryContribution)
- Fork count (from 1st 100 CreatedRepositoryContribution)
- Closed Issues (from 1st 100 CreatedIssueContribution)
- Pull Requests
- Merged Pull Requests (from 1st 100 CreatedPullRequestContribution)
- Closed Pull Requests (from 1st 100 CreatedPullRequestContribution)
- Pull Request Reviews
- Comments and Reactions on Pull Request Reviews (from 1st 100 CreatedPullRequestReviewContribution)
You can export each data as PNG. And you can also share stats on twitter. I will look like below:
Code is available at GitHub:
Code is licensed MIT
I got inspired from Spotify Year in Review feature and thought that developers should also see their GitHub Year in Review, a.k.a #2020Coded.
I have created an NX workspace using angular-nest preset. For more on code visit my previous article.
While developing this app, I learned following things:
- GitHub GraphQL API
- Deployment on DigitalOcean Platform
- Binding environment variable at build time in Angular, link
- Setting up CORS in NestJS
This is my first full-stack web app. I am planning to make more such apps in future.
I would like to thank Dev.to and DigitalOcean team for coming up this hackathon and encouraging developers.
Thanks for reading.
🌲 🌞 😊