I should admit, I had my project featured on Product Hunt before -- for no particular reason. It was a total hack - just a bunch of links with some text and a fancy domain (with 'digital nomads' trigger word). it was intoxicating! If only I built something serious ... right?
Two years later... I spent 2 days preparing to launch FbaCatalog on Product Hunt. I did all of it:
- different messages for different 'mediums' -- twitter, facebook, reddit, indie hackers -- you name it
- good enough subscriber list from fbamonthly.com
- screenshots, description
- "recommended" timing for a post on PH
I probably overdid it in my attempt to "make it". I didn't get featured... But something else was buzzing in my mind all this time... "Why did I launch on PH?"
There were enough reasons not to... I did my research:
- There was very view Amazon Seller related projects on PH
- I already tried launching https://fbamonthly.com with zero luck
All this time tt was in my face -- my target audience was not on PH. I'm probably trying to admit, that I spent two whole days stroking my ego in a right way.