I'm Matt, and I'm the Founder / Creator of all the content you see from us - I also run a podcast called The Learning Developers Podcast that we've been running since April.
It's got 2000+ listens from the first 5 episodes, and after an intense 3 months of building our free course, we're finally ready to begin giving community members a voice to share their experiences, get advice, and community leaders a chance to give their own advice at scale to our audience of beginners (although we do have some mid-level and further on listeners too!)
Don't want to be a guest yourself, but know a voice in the community you'd love to hear on? Please shout them out in the comments, and we'll politely get in touch to see if they'd like to chat to us. We'd really appreciate it as we want to have a good mix of leading voices and genuine people who are in the process (... aren't we all)
If you're someone who has something to say to newbies, or maybe you're a newbie with some experiences to share that you'd love to talk through on a podcast (we'll even help you with anything you want help with), we really want to talk to you. We have so much fun on these episodes and it's really interesting not only getting to know people, but to give our listeners some sound advice through the conversations that can happen.
These types of conversations always happen off air and could provide value to so many people, so bringing "non-community leaders" can be just as valuable as bringing community leaders on most of the time.
If you're considering becoming a guest, just drop us a DM on here and we'll have a chat about what you want to say and see if it makes sense.
It might seem scary to you, but we want to clear up as much of the process to remove any unknowns
- I do a lot of research and pre-planning to ensure it's comfortable for you and we have a surplus of topics to talk about.
- We have an online call beforehand to get prepared for some of the questions we'll go through, and have a bit of pre-discussion so we know it's something you'd want to talk about
- We'll then talk for anywhere between 30 minutes and 1 hour, and we'll record the voice from it and use that
- You're welcome to talk about any product you own if it's something that will benefit our community - it's an informal conversation and we're here to bring value
- Worried about making errors? You're welcome to listen to the unedited audio beforehand and tell us anything you want us to remove. It's super easy for us to do that
- I'll do any intros and outros in post production
If you want to listen to get an idea of the conversational style, or maybe you're just interested in the episodes, you can tune in on these platforms:
- Apple Music
- Podcast Republic
- Our Own Website
Google Play wouldn't approve european podcasts for some reasons... That's probably changed now so we'll try get there soon as well.