How do you make time for your dev/tech projects?
Quentin Sonrel Jun 13
I was about to write a long post about how I'm unable to allow a part of my free time to my dev projects (and other hobbies) but to avoid the "TL;DR" let's keep things simple: how do you make time for these things in your everyday life? Provide context if you can:
- How many hours do you work a day?
- How many do you sleep? (It does take time...)
- Do you have other unavoidable obligations? (family, parenting...)
- How much free time do you have, daily? (on average)
- How do you stay motivated when you have too little time and too much to do?
Some context on my issue
- I do have free time, possibly more than most people, but I'm not able to use it efficiently and it still seems not enough
- The things I have to do keeps piling up (even things not related to dev projects)
- It makes me feel unproductive, which is discouraging... making me even more unproductive
- I have a tendency to reduce my sleeping hours to have more free time, no need to explain why it's not a good thing
It has been about 5 months now. Since I started making the change to pursue graphics programming. I have done a ton of work in that time. Between school and learning a new language and studying a whole lot of math. And in this time, I have decided why not start documenting my process.