It doesn't matter that "it is a great career opportunity at an international company" or that "the project is a new product written in the state of the art technologies"
We are skeptical to those messages because they show that you just do a spray and pray approach🙏 and don't really care about the recipient.
I mean, why do you think I would change the job just 4 months after joining the current company?
This spammy approach probably works on a bigger scale if you send hundreds of such messages but you can do better.
Simply ask the developer:
- How are you doing at your current role? 👨💻
- What are your career goals? 🎯
- Which project might interest you? 😍
Take it from there with those who reply and try to give them valuable career advice instead of pushing yet another job offer.
It might be hard to switch to this mindset:
- You need some technical knowledge and being up to date with the perspective technologies
- It might be that your current project does not fit well to the developer you are talking to
- Still, not many developers will reply anyway (that's how it is)
But, if you build just a couple of those genuine relationships, you will not have a hard time finding the people in the future (especially from recommendations) 🏆