I asked them to share their experience with courses, boot camps, degrees, products, YouTube, companies.
The modern developer faces hundreds — if not thousands — of choices every day.
- What to read.
- Which course to buy.
- Which language to learn & code.
- Which company to work for.
- Which YouTube videos can make a difference.
And each of those decisions takes a mental toll.
And yet, Creators continue to champion more.
- More choice.
- More products.
- More bang for your buck.
- More features, information, and discounts.
"Creating new products, and services that add value to a developer isn’t a bad idea."
In my personal experience.
"Simplification is the best strategy across the board".
The developer's decision process helps you understand the steps a developer goes through when they are deciding whether and what to buy.
Developers don’t just decide to buy.
A developer’s buying decision depends on the type of products that they need to buy.
The behavior of Dev is different.
- While buying a product.
- While choosing a company to work for.
- While watching a YouTube video.
Instead of while buying a coffee.
Complex behavior is encountered particularly when developers are buying an expensive product or choosing from multiple JOB offers.
"Here developers will research thoroughly before committing to anything."
When the risk of buying/Choosing a product is very high,
- Select 1 JOB from multiple good Job offers,
- Select 1 language to start your career,
A developer will consult:
Before making any decision.
When there is low availability of choices.
- Developers will be forced to buy products.
- Developers will be forced to watch that video.
- Developers will be forced to attend that boot camp.
They do not have too many choices.
- Developers are buying products that they use for their daily routine,
- Developers are watching videos that they use for their daily routine
They do not put a lot of thought.
Developers just go for it and buy/watch it.
In the end, I would say...
*Don’t just build a product. *
*Don’t just upload a YouTube video. *
Don’t just ask a Dev to enroll in boot camps.
Build a simple developer journey...
but building a simple experience is an incredibly complex endeavor...
"Simplicity always wins for decision-making."
Thanks for reading.
If you like this you might be you are interested in my eBook as well.
I have recently written a book for developer growth & shared my 11+ years of experience.
Grab the book now at a discounted price... ThePrimeGuide
I'm writing threads to help you to become a better software engineer (developer)...
"Don't miss out" Follow your mentor on Twitter 👉 TheAnkurTyagi
You can buy me a beer if you feel generous. Happy coding!!!