A weekly selection of design links, brought to you by your friends at the UX Collective.
20 things I learned by editing UX articles this year →
I feel lucky. Being one of the editors at the UX Collective allows me to read tons of great stories every week, submitted by designers from all over the world. People who have different backgrounds than my own, work at different companies, face different challenges every day. People who simply dedicate their time to sharing their learnings with the broader community.
After reviewing and publishing more than a thousand articles this year, here are some of my personal favorites. Read full story
- Systems at Spotify → Building design system for a culture of autonomy.
- Decade of Design → How the last 10 years transformed design’s role.
The UX Collective newsletter is a self-funded newsletter read by over 121,200 designers every week. The best way you can support it is by sharing it with your friends.
Stories from the community
Neumorphism in user interfaces →
Handling design conflict and being a non-designer →
More top stories:
- What product designers can learn from comic art ** →**
- Avoiding marginalization →
- Remain a force of influence throughout your (design) career ** →**
- Understanding your own principles as a designer ** →**
- Who is actually responsible for user experience? →
- The big secret — nobody knows what they’re doing ** →**
- What makes someone a designer? →
- Humans can never be User Researchers →
- 7 tips for efficient prototyping →
News & ideas
- 2019 Book Covers → 78 best book covers, as chosen by designers.
- 2019 Pictures → NY Times’ best photographs of the year.
- 2019 NewsThemes → 10 themes in news for the year to come.
Tools & resources
- 3D in Figma → A Figma plugin to import, use and render 3D.
- Guess the Hex→ Guess the background color hex.
- Website Carbon → How is your website impacting the planet?
- Tweet Delete → Delete tweets in bulk to protect your privacy or make a fresh start.
We believe designers are thinkers as much as they are makers. So we created the design newsletter we have always wanted to receive.
Top comments (0)