José Torre: Becoming a leader on your own terms →
“Individual contributors are still very undervalued and underutilized in most companies. Especially when it comes to compensation, I imagine we end up losing a lot of great talent because they want to make more money and the only way for them to do that is to start managing other people and stop making things.”
More top stories:
- Beyond empathy in design → By Caitlin Chase
- This call may be monitored for user experience purposes → By John Mackey
- The yet unexplored knowledge source for designers → By Luciano Infanti
- The unexpected gentrification of user experience → By Luis Berumen Castro
- Reducing design debt: how to fix the tracks while the train is running → By Antonio Solano
- No excuses → Where to start looking for diverse talent.
- Bro bias → Erase bias by erasing “bro” culture. By Kristina Rudolph
- Gamification² → When play becomes about data collection.
- Peanut butter ML → Using machine learning for the perfect sandwich.
- The black panther → Typography for maximum community impact.
- Leading-trim → The future of digital typesetting is here.
- Death to John Doe → A beginner’s guide to persona creation. By Brett Cooper
- BLM action → A guide for tech workers to support anti-racism.
- UI design basics → Starting a mobile app project from scratch. By Michal Malewicz
- SVG icons → Clean and simple (and free) icons.
We believe designers are thinkers as much as they are makers. So we created the design newsletter we have always wanted to receive.