A weekly selection of design links, brought to you by your friends at the UX Collective.
- Design Swimming → The design systems we swim in.
- UX Writing Mocks → Why is it important to mock up words?
- Refreshing Chrome → The work behind Chrome’s biggest revamp yet.
The UX Collective newsletter is a self-funded newsletter read by over 126,000 designers every week. Curated by Fabricio Teixeira and Caio Braga.
Stories from the community
Are we ready to abandon the desktop metaphor? →
By Rubens Cantuni
UX 101: understanding Norman Doors →
By Tania Vieira
5 things UX Researchers can do differently: a reflection after Uber’s layoffs →
By Elsa Ho
More top stories:
- Consistency the killer By Pascal Barry
- 10 things that indicate designers have no clue about accessibility By Sheri Byrne-Haber
- I redesigned the infamous IOWA App in 30 minutes By Michal Malewicz
- Fixing Dark Patterns: making Google search ads visible again By Mack Grenfell
- Is it too late to get into UX in 2020? By Rebekah Champa
- Interview with Hector Ouilhet, Head of Design for Google Search By Emi Knight
- Understanding UX in video games: the diegesis theory By Edoardo Galati
News & ideas
- Unionizing Instacart → Workers voted to unionize for better conditions.
- Parkinson’s Type → A Parkinson’s typeface that degrades over time.
- Neumorphism.io → Generate soft (and inaccessible) UI CSS code.
- Amazon Dating → Loneliness is on sale.
Tools & resources
- Cloud Inspector → Sketch’s new browser-based dev handoff tool.
- NoCode Storybook → Good old Storybook, without the command line.
- Design Lint → Figma plugin that fixes your design mistakes.
- CSS Positioning → A class/demo to finally understand CSS positioning.
We believe designers are thinkers as much as they are makers. So we created the design newsletter we have always wanted to receive.
Top comments (0)