So we started with our amazing Idea educrypt, though none of us knew how to make a discord bot, except me I had little knowledge... Our project was based on discord and the web.
You know why this hackathon was successful? Because of team work.
So here are some tips for a successful team:
- Be respectful to each other.
- Listen to every idea, then decide.
- Don't be stubborn
- Give your own ideas
- Complete the work assigned to you
- And have fun!
You can see, our project on devpost: https://devpost.com/software/educrypt
Also the organisers were always active in discord, and were really helpful.
So great team + great organisers are the main elements which identify a great hackathon experience.
Here are some things to consider before teaming with other people:
- Time zone,(if they are dedicated and can meet in early morning or late nights then this does not matter)
- Skills (Do they have skills, similar to yours? Even if they have only some skills, if they can learn new things fast, then this does not matter also.)
So I hope that you win your next hackathon, till then: