What differentiates Laravel from other PHP frameworks? Speed, security, and scalability. With Laravel, tasks that usually take hours can be accomplished in a few minutes.
Laravel can make web development a seamless and streamlined experience. In this article, I’ll explore some of the vital reasons to consider the PHP Laravel Framework in 2021.
Advantages of Laravel
Laravel provides powerful tools needed for robust applications and takes the pain out of development. Let’s have a closer look at some of the benefits Laravel provides to businesses.
· Drastically cut development time
Pre-built functions, high-quality community libraries, and tools help to build responsive web applications in a time-efficient manner. With Laravel, there is no need to spend long hours writing tedious lines of code.
· High-end security
Laravel can protect your web application against the most severe security risks, including SQL injection, cross-site request forgery, and cross-site scripting. It provides a range of security features and methods, covering authentication, authorization, email verification, encryption, hashing, and password reset.
· Easy to implement a complete authentication system
Laravel is known as one of the most modern authentication systems. With Laravel, login, registration, and password reset could be done with the help of a single command.
· MVC architecture
Laravel follows the best development practices. The model-view-controller (MVC) architectural pattern ensures clarity between logic and presentation which results in improved performance and better documentation. It offers an extremely convenient way to build both large- and small-scale applications.
· Powerful built-in features
Laravel is hugely favored by technical teams because it automates a lot of repetitive coding tasks. It reduces the time needed to complete projects by removing the need to write everything from scratch.
· Light-weight templates
Laravel’s lightweight templates and widgets with solid structured CSS and JSS help to create elegant web applications.
· Automated task execution
An automatic command scheduler allows you to quickly define your command schedule, such as sending emails to subscribers or notifications to app users.
· Keeps a web server healthy
Laravel supports a message queue system for load balancing which helps maintain a healthy web server & effective traffic management.
· Automation of testing work
Laravel provides automation testing support which results in high-performing apps with optimized code. This framework makes it less time-consuming to test an app.
· Vibrant community
Laravel benefits from a large community of developers. You can find them at Laracasts, a learning portal with courses, blog, podcast, and forum; Laravel.io, a community portal with over 45,000 users; The Laravel subreddit, home to 50,000 Laravel artisans.
Companies that use Laravel
What are the largest companies using Laravel? Various top-notch brands have opted for this framework:
- Crowdcube helps private investors find promising start-ups. They have more than 750,000 registered investors, and over 800 businesses are funded through the platform.
- BBC is the world's leading public service broadcaster. They use PHP Laravel for their applications across TV and Content Production.
- Lenovo is a Chinese multinational technology company. The company sells its products in around 180 countries.
- TourRadar is an online marketplace where travelers can compare multi-day tours. The company has attracted USD 66 million in funding.
- Vogue archive contains more than 400,000 pages - the entire run of Vogue magazine (US edition) from 1892 to the present day.
- MasterCard is an American multinational financial services corporation. It operates in more than 210 countries, with 150 different currencies.
A robust pillar for your app
A framework can make all the difference to the functionality and the quality of the application. Laravel helps to make elegant apps delivered at warp speed. With so many benefits, it has become a go-to framework I recommend to clients.