I love my blog. It allows me to share all of the cool things I learn and the thoughts I have with a broader audience.
I also love my blog because it allows me to teach. As a rabbi, I still see myself as a teacher at heart. I find that explaining something to others is the best way for me to learn and solidify concepts that I have trouble understanding. Which is why I also enjoy writing on Quora.
Quora, for those who don’t know, is a Question & Answer platform where people from all over the world get together to share knowledge. I maintain a pretty active profile there. While the majority of what I write there is Judaism related, I also have a fair share of programming related answers which I figured I’d share with my audience here.
Enjoy the following answers of mine, feel free to upvote any you like, and if you like what you see give me a follow :)
- How can I retain the information I’m learning at bootcamp? I find myself looking things up all the time and nothing seems to stick?
- What’s your favorite part about pair programming?
- What are the pros and cons of Test Driven Developments (TDD) vs Behavior Driven Development (BDD)?
- Is there somewhere I can go if I don’t get an XKCD comic? Some forum where people discuss and explain the references?
- Should Redis get rid of the master/slave terminology in its codebase?
- What are the benefits of using List Comprehensions vs Generator Expressions in Python?
- In Python, when should I use a List, when should I use a Set, and when should I use a Tuple?
- When would I use map instead of a List comprehension in Python?
- What’s the difference between array#map and array#collect in Ruby?