Word Wrap is about opening up our discussions to a wider audience on all sorts of topics related to what it means to be developer in the 21st century.
We've each been developers for over a decade and watched the web evolve while we - like many of you - tried to keep up. Our past involves working together at an in-house marketing agency, after which our paths diverged to areas such as insurance and financial tech, design systems leadership, front-end focused software engineering, and accessibility. We have experience across the front-end spectrum, inclusive of HTML, CSS, JS, and the surrounding ecosystem of frameworks and systems. You can get to know us more on our About Us page.
What you can expect by subscribing to Word Wrap:
- a bit of quirk and cheese
- a whole lot of nerdy developer talk
- respectful discussion of hot-button topics
- friendly banter that invites your opinion and feedback
Our topic mix will include:
- all things front-end (HTML, CSS, JS, accessibility)
- growing your career
- teams, workplaces, and processes
- learning new tech
- being womxn in tech/on the web
- ...perhaps the occasional (small) rant
Our first two episodes are available - here are the links for listening and transcripts:
- Episode 001 - Claire and Steph introduce themselves in this podcast. We get to hear their journeys into development, and their general tips for how in the world to navigate the development career path.
- Episode 002 - Claire and Steph talk about their experience with CSS - why it matters, what flavors they've seen, and why that experience matters. Tailwind, CSS-in-JS, even Bootstrap gets a mention!