While learning to code is important to get a job, keeping up with your learning after you get that position can lead to things like pay rises, higher positions, and even the chance to grow outside of your skillset/department.
If we are lucky enough to be in a position of employment, we should seek to ask our current employers/bosses to help us develop our skills further. The result of doing so leads to a number of benefits not just for us, but for them too. In this video, I wanted to share some ways you can encourage your current company to pay for coding courses for you.
- Bring up the idea of learning more and improving with your boss
- Create an email to formalise this request
- Review different course that is in line with the company requirements
- Be realistic about the costs and budget for training, and forward a few examples
- Organise an in-person meeting with your boss to request learning
- Review your companies policies as larger companies often include professional development as something to boost employees skills
Youtube: Convince Your Boss to Pay for Coding Courses
Special thanks if you subscribe to my channel :)
I will try to post new great content every day. Here are the latest items: