Hello guys, a few days ago I developed a group chatting app using Flutter and Firebase, and made it open-source by uploading the source code on my GitHub profile.
Here is the link to the Source code: https://github.com/ahmedgulabkhan/GroupChatApp
If you like the project, you can star the repository on GitHub, or contribute to it by making Pull requests.
1. Sign in/Register
- Users can register on the app by entering their Email, Full name and Password.
- If already registered, they can simply sign in by entering Email and Password.
- Used Firebase to implement sign in/register for users.
2. Creating Groups
- After being successfully logged in, users can create a new group with any name.
- When a user creates a group, they automatically become a member of the group.
- All the groups that a user is a member of, are displayed on the user's home screen page.
3. Search for Groups
- Users can also search for any content related groups created by other users.
- If you come across a group and like the content, you can join the group and start chatting with other members of the group.
4. Chatting in groups
- Only the members of a group can chat within the group.
- All the chats related to a group will be private to that group.
- All the details of a group are stored in a Firebase collection and all the messages related to that group are stored in the sub-collection of that group's collection.
- Logout functionality implemented using Firebase.
In the journey of making this app, I learned a lot of new things. So, I decided to make this project open-source so that other people can also learn and benefit from it.
Source code/GitHub repo: https://github.com/ahmedgulabkhan/GroupChatApp
If you like the project, you can star the repo on GitHub by going to the above link.
Would love to hear your valuable feedback on this.