I promise to say the truth and nothing but the truth.
Here it comes.... the truth...Drum rolls.
Yeah, that is the truth , I said it. I am free.
It doesn't look like something I should be scared to say but then, I believe I should not be too busy to finish a project I started.
Anyways, it happened. I started a project and left it unfinished.
This is not an article about the love and hate relationship most developers have with electron apps. It is more about a Simple File Explorer App I created with Electronjs. I have been on it for a while and I hope someone might just tell me what he or she thinks about it.
Github REPO: Simple Explorer
- It is an ElectronJs App
- It is meant to be a File Explorer for PCs/Macs
- It has a bundle of features like file preview for some media content types
- It can read Code files and preview it with good indenting, all thanks to some wonderful react libraries.
- The architecture of the app was cannibalized from the Museeks App, meaning I downloaded Museeks Source Code, removed the core codebase while leaving the file structure and configuration behind, then I added my own codes to make SimpleExplorer.
Why did I Cannibalize Museeks?
- Museeks as a project was too attractive. It was architectured for Typescript & React usage. What else can be more wonderful?
- Tell me what you think
- Adopt this project as yours
- Contribute to it
- Be a friend.
Thanks for taking your time to read. Expecting your response.