- A take on Vue developers vs. React developers is tweeted.
- A number of the deleted posts in the thread above is from Dan Abramov (defending the React community).
- A subtweet (thread) directed at Ken Wheeler describes how his behavior is viewed as toxic by marginalized people.
Nat Alison@tesseralisI muted so-and-so a long time ago for making a transphobic joke and generally being an asshole bro twitter.com/malchata/statu…04:00 AM - 24 Aug 2019Jeremy Wagner @malchataI'm tired of saying "so-and-so's a good guy", when so-and-so's not given me any reason to believe they actually are, because they refuse to confront and denounce toxic behavior within their own spheres.
- heydonworks described how Ken Wheeler played "the circle game" at a React conference. The circle game gesture is very similar to the "Okay Hand Gesture" that has become a symbol amongst white supremacists. This tweet has since been deleted.
- Tatiana Mac calls out React developers for trying to protect React's integrity rather than listen to its users.
Tatiana Mac@tatianatmacTIL: People care more about protecting the reputation of a **framework** than listening to **multiply marginalised** people that you have actual **white supremacists** in your niche community and our broader community.
I’m not going to ignore that fact; my safety depends on it.14:49 PM - 23 Aug 2019
- Ken Wheeler, in this tweet, tries to clear up the misunderstanding.
Ken WheelerHey gang, I want to clear something up.16:15 PM - 23 Aug 2019
- Dan Abramov deactivates his Twitter.
Dan AbramovI’m taking a small break from Twitter. See you soon.01:10 AM - 25 Aug 2019
- heydonworks tries to fix the damage done in the above tweet with this tweet.
@firstname.lastname@example.org@heydonworksTo be clear: @ken_wheeler did not throw the white power symbol at React Rally just recently. I misunderstood. There was a discussion AT this React Rally about his previous behaviour. I was wrong, and have done my best to clarify, and have now deleted that tweet.01:44 AM - 25 Aug 2019
Tatiana Mac quits the industry due to all this.
- Dan Abramov explains that he's fine on Reddit.
- Dan Abramov rejoins Twitter.
Dan AbramovI’m sorry for disappearing for the last few days. I’ve been getting progressively more anxious over the weekend. I’m of no use to this community in that state.
I feel much better now, and I’m here to listen. As always, my DMs are open. I will post more soon.12:55 PM - 27 Aug 2019
- Tatiana Mac posts a factual account on, what is now termed as, #Reactgate. Liquid error: internal
- #Reactgate becomes a topic on Twitter.
For further actions, you may consider blocking this person and/or reporting abuse