- A take on Vue developers vs. React developers is tweeted.
- A number of the deleted posts in the thread above is from Dan Abramov (defending the React community).
- A subtweet (thread) directed at Ken Wheeler describes how his behavior is viewed as toxic by marginalized people.
Nat Alison@tesseralisI muted so-and-so a long time ago for making a transphobic joke and generally being an asshole bro twitter.com/malchata/statu…04:00 AM - 24 Aug 2019Jeremy Wagner @malchataI'm tired of saying "so-and-so's a good guy", when so-and-so's not given me any reason to believe they actually are, because they refuse to confront and denounce toxic behavior within their own spheres.
- heydonworks described how Ken Wheeler played "the circle game" at a React conference. The circle game gesture is very similar to the "Okay Hand Gesture" that has become a symbol amongst white supremacists. This tweet has since been deleted.
- Tatiana Mac calls out React developers for trying to protect React's integrity rather than listen to its users.
Tatiana Mac@tatianatmacTIL: People care more about protecting the reputation of a **framework** than listening to **multiply marginalised** people that you have actual **white supremacists** in your niche community and our broader community.
I’m not going to ignore that fact; my safety depends on it.14:49 PM - 23 Aug 2019
- Ken Wheeler, in this tweet, tries to clear up the misunderstanding.
- Dan Abramov deactivates his Twitter.
- heydonworks tries to fix the damage done in the above tweet with this tweet.
@firstname.lastname@example.org@heydonworksTo be clear: @ken_wheeler did not throw the white power symbol at React Rally just recently. I misunderstood. There was a discussion AT this React Rally about his previous behaviour. I was wrong, and have done my best to clarify, and have now deleted that tweet.01:44 AM - 25 Aug 2019
Tatiana Mac quits the industry due to all this.
- Dan Abramov explains that he's fine on Reddit.
- Dan Abramov rejoins Twitter.
Dan Abramov@dan_abramovI’m sorry for disappearing for the last few days. I’ve been getting progressively more anxious over the weekend. I’m of no use to this community in that state.
I feel much better now, and I’m here to listen. As always, my DMs are open. I will post more soon.12:55 PM - 27 Aug 2019
- Tatiana Mac posts a factual account on, what is now termed as, #Reactgate.
Tatiana Mac@tatianatmacFactual account of #Reactgate with time-stamps and links. I hope to provide *clarity*—people may now draw their own conclusions.
Eternal gratitude && love for @fiinixdesign for doing the research and labour. Carlos is an incredible human and friend. 💙
docs.google.com/document/d/1g4…13:55 PM - 27 Aug 2019
- #Reactgate becomes a topic on Twitter.
Classic DEV Post from Sep 28 '17