Discharge is, as far as I’m aware, the easiest way to deploy static websites to Amazon S3. I spent hours poring over AWS’s terrible docs so no one else would have to.
The highlights are:
- Very little understanding of AWS required
- Interactive UI for configuring deployment
- Step-by-step list of what’s happening
- Support for no trailing slashes in URLs
- Support for subdomains
- Use an AWS Profile (named credentials) to authenticate with AWS
- CDN (CloudFront) and HTTPS/TLS support
This has saved me a huge amount of time; I hope it’s helpful to other people. Let me know what you think!